Thursday 30 August 2012

Self Portrait tips and a layout!

Hello and Happy Thursday!

Natalie here again with another creation using the Studio Calico collection, Hey Day

Again I have done a simple page but this time featuring me!

It's so hard to scrap ourselves!
We are always scrapping cute photos of our kids or our loved ones but I challenge you to scrap yourself!

Here are a couple of tips to getting a great photo of yourself!
1. Take a selfie!
    Check out Elsie's post here for the BEST tips for taking self portraits!
2. Grab a trusted friend and head out for the day to take some photos - true friends will be honest and with digital cameras, it's super easy to delete the ones you dont like.
3. Give the camera to your kids - they will surprise you!
4. Printing in B&W can be very flattering! Jump onto Picasa and alter your images - it's a free Google Photo editing program that I have been using for years! Lots of brilliant photo techniques!

These photos of me were taken by my trusted friend, Louise Nelson.
Lou sees me for who I really am and has an amazing knack of being able to capture me.
Here are a couple of others that Louise took - see.. trusting a friend to take photos is my number one!



So have a go at scrapping yourself - it's not as hard as it seems!

So now to my layout!

This range is so easy to work with!




I used Mister Hueys Mist in Mint Julep to lightly colour the Pink Paislee mistables - there are ideal for customising an embellishment and again, the Studio Calico Thickers are great for the title!



Well.... Have fun scrapping yourself and I cant wait to see your layouts up on the Sassy Facebook page!

2 comments:

  1. Love your photos! It's been awhile since I've done any self portraits....I think it's time. Especially after seeing your gorgeous layout! Very inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely panels, LOVE Mr Huey's, & gorgeous flower bunch:):):)....my girlfriend allowed me to take the BACK of her head the other day!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

09 10