Friday 12 October 2012

PLAYING WITH MY MINDS EYE




Hi there, my name is HEATHER  JACOB.
Firstly I am so honoured, excited and happy to be invited to GUEST DESIGN here at Sassy Scrappers. Heartfelt Thanks to you Olga for the sensational big box bursting with delectable goodies .

Now a little about me, I am blissfully married to my wonderful, supportive “soul mate” Baden. My Family feature throughout my work and there is nothing more important to me than my family. Creating art is one of my many passions in life .. To me this craft is the perfect combination of art, photography, beautiful paper, and glorious words.
I especially love to choose some elements, cast a spell and see what happens, to create a dream and follow it through. Subtle shadows, light and color are all ingredients for casting the spell. I am in harmony with my garden and its inhabitants, connecting with the beauty that surrounds me. For me it is all-consuming, inspiring and a natural expression of my inner self, which I love to weave into my works.
I am inspired by colour and texture … I love to include stitching, chipboard, journaling, muslin, fabrics, metal elements, inking, masking and texture paste.
Off the page projects and altered art are a fave of mine. I see my style as “CLASSIC” with attention to detail…I tend to lean toward monochromatic themes with a little shabby chic/grunge thrown in..
warm hugz from Heather x
My blogs

Today I am showcasing the divine My Mind Eye collection .
THE SWEETEST THING .

'PLAY'

I wanted to create a dramatic page, so I decided on yellow, grey and white
on a dominant black background, and of course I added my 'signature' stitching and stamping . 
the papers I used from the collection are :
The sweetest thing Honey  - Simply Lovely Damask .
The sweetest thing Honey – Perfect Best
Black cardstock



other materials used 
Imaginarium designs chipboard
Green Tara blooms
die cuts - memory box 
crafters workshop mask 

I am lucky enough to be on a few design teams
Green Tara
Imaginarium designs
CSI (color/stories/inspiration)
Meg’s garden
The Color Room
ASI magazine.

Thanks for popping by and I hope I have inspired you to create with some of these delightful papers from the MME collection .
I'LL BE BACK NEXT FRIDAY WITH MORE ,
HERE IS A SNEAK PEEK FOR YOU .

stay safe and warm hugz from Heather x


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10