Friday 9 November 2012

November Guest Designer - Trudi Harrison

Hi Everyone,
I am thrilled to be joining the Sassy Scrappers team this month - thanks so much to Olga for having me.
First, let me introduce myself to you...



 I am Trudi Harrison from Victoria, Australia.

I don’t really have a nick name, though my friends will often refer to me as ‘T’.
I am a country girl at heart who very much likes her modern conveniences.
I prefer coffee in a large mug compared to tea in a china cup.
My favorite type of food is the one prepared by someone else – it always tastes better, well I think anyway
I would much prefer to laugh, smile and be happy. 

When I am not crafting, my world is kept busy with my 2 young girls and the extra curricular activities that comes with raising kids LOL.  I would not have it any other way.

 I adore all things creative and over the time there have been many hobbies which I have enjoyed. Without a doubt, though, Paper Crafting has become the one which I am truly passionate about.  It has steadily burned brightly for over 7 years now.

I think I have done some form of ‘Crafting’ my whole life.  My late Nan was a dress maker and as I was the only grand daughter, spent a considerable amount of time passing along her love of haberdashery.  From a young age she taught me how to sew, make clothes, knit and crochet – though crochet squares are pretty much all I can manage in this department.  

More often than not most of my inspiration will come from the product or the photos I am working with and of course, the little things that my children say and do. I am mum to two gorgeous girls - yes perhaps I am a little biased.  Many of my creations will feature them, who are aged 5 and 8 now.

My preferred scrapping genre is 12 x 12 layouts and creating off the page, but will find much joy altering items and creating cards.

 I am perhaps not 'locked' into a specific scrapping style.  Consistent characteristics of my 'style' are lots of layering, paper cutting, detail and dimension.  Sometimes it can be quite 'feminine' and I do like some structure to my designs.
 I confess to loving color but will also find enjoyment in the softer tones.   

I absolutely adore chipboard, floral patterns and blooms.  I love to combine these with my other love of patterned paper and many of my creations will feature these.  This is perhaps when I am at my happiest, combining these ‘loves’ along with lots of paper cutting, layers and dimension. 


Today I have a project to share created with the Glitz Design Cashmere Dame.  This gorgeous collection is available in store HERE.



Layout - 'Together' by Trudi Harrison


Sassy Scrappers Materials: 
Glitz Cashmere Dame – Honeycomb, Chevron Floral, Puffy Word Stickers, Giant Rhinestones, Whatnots; Pink Paislee Artisian Butterflies, Heidi Swapp Black & White Buzz Words & Colour Shine Spritz- Mustard Twiddleybitz FRA013 Ornate Frame, Prima – Rosarian Perles, Bel Canto Yellow & Interlude Red Felt Roses, Manor House Flowers - Enchanted, Black Ink  

I started with the 'Honeycomb' patterned paper for my base -


And layered coordinating paper strips and 'whatnots' with pretty blooms and Twiddleybitz chipboard.


Heidi Swapp Mustard Colour Shine Spritz was used to alter the large Enchanted Manor House flower.
 The flower was also separated with the larger part positioned toward the top of the layout with the centre finishing off the bottom floral cluster.  The Twiddleybitz Ornate Frame was cut in half and for contrast, inked black.


The Cashmere Dame collection is a fabulous infusion of happy colour. The honeycomb, chevron and retro elements will add funk and edge to any creation.

Thanks so much for dropping by the Sassy Scrappers blog today, I will be back with more Cashmere Dame inspiration a bit later.

Trudi



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10