Sunday 9 December 2012

Guest Designer - Kim Jeffress



Hi everyone it's Kim Jeffress here and I'm honoured to be Guest Designing for Sassy Scrappers this month.
I am a SAHM to two little boys aged 4 and 6, they are my main scrapping inspiration so you wont see many flowers or bling on my layouts LOL! I have been scrapping for about 10 years now and in the last couple of years decided to take it a little further and start designing for manufacturors. Currently I am on the design teams for Basic Grey, Bella Blvd, Pebbles Inc. This year I have been honoured to be a Scrapbooking Memories magazine Master- What a fabulous year I have had. However by far the most exciting opportunity for me is being apart of the first ever Heidi Swapp media team, what an amazing experience it has been.
My preference is creating single multi photo 12 x 12 layouts with meaningful journaling. After all that is what scrapbooking is about preserving my family's memories for the future. You will see me chasing my boys around, iphone in hand catching on camera the little day to day things that are so important.... Being on the DT for Heidi Swapp I have also grown to love using her Memory File system, what a fabulous way to capture memories and include lots of photos at the same time!

I was sent the fabulous City Sidewalks collection from Pink Paislee and today I want to share a layout and a card I created.
I started with a sheet of City Shoppers pattern paper as my base. I then added strips of Candy Shop and Special Delivery at the top and bottom.


I gathered pieces from the Ephemera pack to scatter above my title and journalling block.



Here I have used a tag from the Parcel Tags set on the edge of my layout.


You may ask where my journalling is?  I typed out my journaling and adhered it to my base page. I then glued a small magnet on the back of the layout and on the underside of the Memorandum tag, I can now lift the tag right off the layout to read my journaling.


For my card I cut a piece of Park Place pattern paper and machine stitched it to the card. I then used another tag from the Parcel Tags set , threaded through some twine and attached it to the front of my card. I added a ticket stub from the Ephemera pack and a a glitter chipboard snowflake. I then added some soft white ribbon to finish it off ! The Delight Glitter Thickers are from American Craft.


Thanks for looking, Ill be back next week with some more projects using this fun collection.

Remember, all materials for these projects can be purchased from Sassy Scrappers...HERE

1 comment:

09 10