Monday 2 June 2014

Project Life | Week Eighteen...

Hello Sassy Friends! Welcome back to Project Life Mondays! Today I am going to share with you some detail on how I achieve balance across my spread, while keeping it simple at the same time. 
 
 
Week 18 | April 28 - May 4.
 

This week was all about paring the layers down and keeping my spread really simple.  I wanted the colours to shine and the story to be told.  However, among all the brightness of yellow and hot pink colour pops, I have added the subtleties of black and white photos and plenty of white space.
 
To create balance on my spread, I first look at the combined space of the two pages.  Then, when I am happy with colour and photo placement, I start to look at the finer details on the individual pages.
 
This week, the bright yellow from the background photo mats and journaling card have created a visual triangle.  I have also included two lots of 4"x6" group shot photos.  These photos, on opposite pages, help to create symmetry.


When I look at the individual pages, I place extra colour where it will help me create movement across the page.  Layering hot pink on top of neutral backgrounds attracts the eye.
 



Repeating similar items, shapes or embellishments can also be used to create balance.

 
On page two, I have used layered labels - "take a picture", "photo date" and the typed text strip across the loom band ephemera.
 


 
Don't be afraid to have fun with colours!  But remember, bright colours work best when they compliment your photos rather than over shadow them. Having equal amounts of colour pops across two pages rather than in concentrated doses, lessens the attack on the senses.  When I have multiple colours and patterns in my photos, I tone them down by converting them to black and white.
 
Don't forget to join me here next week as I introduce you to our new Sassy Scrapper June kit!  I can't wait to share it with you.
 
Leanne Allinson May Project Life Kit
 
Captured Moments 12x12 Multi Pocket Pages 2
 
 
Amy Tangerine Accent and Phrase Stickers
 
Evalicious Camera Love Puffy Stickers
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sooo interesting, and yes, I've got to think to print my pictures in B&W, effect is gorgeous with bright colors... the puffy stickers are awesome !! Thanks again for inspiration Leanne !

    ReplyDelete

09 10