Wednesday 9 July 2014

Project Life | Week 23...

 
Hello Sassy Friends! Today I am excited to share with you the new Sassy Scrapper July Project Life Kit!  This kit features plenty of gorgeous Chic Tags Cloud Nine collection and the new coral Kaisercraft mini alphas.  Perfect for fun Project Life layering, so I'm sure you will love it!  Check it out here...
 
http://sassyscrapper.com.au/catalog.php?item=7637
 
This week I spent a lot of my time with my boys at their respective School Sports Day carnivals.  Yes.  I attended this event that lasted two. full. days!  Eeeek!! *grin* I was their own personal cheerleader, lunch coordinator, coach and occasional physiotherapist! LOL! That and needing to manage a four year old, who was reluctant to be out in the cold, for those two long days!  LOL!
 

Needless to say, I managed to get some photos for Week 23 | June 2 - 8.


At first, as I was sorting through my photos for the week, I didn't think I had that many.  But after checking my Instagram feed as well, I discovered a few extra gems that were hidden away! 


 I really wanted to include these extra photos, so I grabbed the Simple Stories photo flip pocket and adhered one of the 4x6 pockets directly to my 12x12 pocket page.




I really love that this simple photo flip pocket idea, allows me to add extra details to complete the memory of these two days.
 
This week, I confess to using a PL card from last month's kit.  I was hoarding it for this particular spread, because our local show was on and there is always a Ferris Wheel among the side show alley rides!  I layered a Chic Tag directly in the centre of the Ferris Wheel image and added a small sticker that was reshaped into a pennant banner.  I also appreciate that the colours blend beautifully with this month's kit.

 
On page two, I wanted to balance the rest of the spread by focusing on colour and journaling. 


The colours in the July Kit are outstanding!  I love the fresh touches of orange, coral, pink and teal!

 
This week, I've had some fun, playing with the PL cards included in the kit.  I have taken the trimmer to my Week 23 title card, cutting just the top off.  This allows me to create interest and white space on the 4x6 patterned paper base.  And I certainly didn't want to hide that gorgeous ombre patterned paper!
 
 
 Layers of embellishments have been added to both PL cards and photos. (Fireworks semi circle above, was created using Heidi Swapp clear stamps on white cardstock and then machine stitched to the PL card.)
 
 
And even the strip at the bottom of the Chic Tags patterned paper wasn't safe!
 
 
Finally, I have finished off my spread with some gorgeous Chic Tag embellishment layers..
 


 
If you find that your circle embellishments are too big, don't be afraid to trim them down.  The 'heart' Mini Icon above, was resized with a 1/2" circle punch.
 
Thanks for visiting..x
 
 
http://sassyscrapper.com.au/catalog.php?item=7637

http://sassyscrapper.com.au/catalog.php?item=7638


Captured Moments 12x12 Multi Pocket Pages 2
 
Heidi Swapp Memory File Clear Stamps
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10