Monday 22 September 2014

Project Life | Week 35...

Hello Friends!  Are you excited to start planning another week of Project Life? It's Leanne here today and I can't wait to share with you my Project Life | Week 35, August 25 - 31.
 
 
This week was one of sporting achievements for my older boys with a little bit of artistic flair thrown in for good luck.  *grin*  Please note: Book Week characters!
 

My spread this week was designed from the crazy colour combination of the yellow, orange and green found in my photos.  My patterned papers were chosen to compliment each of the different stories from the week and to create movement across the spread.  And where there were bold colours from the Bella Blvd & the Teresa Collins Designs filler cards (orange and yellow), the softer tones from the white TCD cards became the perfect combination to offset the frantic-ness.


This week I have layered stickers from both the Teresa Collins Nine & Co and  Crate Paper Notes & Things collections.  Since I was documenting sporting achievements, I saw the sticker ribbon as an opportunity to help bolster the theme in an otherwise non sporty patterned paper collection! The 4x6 PL card/patterned paper is busy enough, so I simply added the sticker to one side without any other need for embellishment opposite it.  
 


The Bella Blvd patterned papers are quite fun and light hearted.  They were ideal to be placed adjacent to my photo collage of my 8 year old dressed as an orange and yellow Lorax.  The sticker phrase 'Free Your Heart' adds interest to the patterned paper without it being lost on the page.
 
 
Below the photo collage, I have added a small sticker border and layered it with strip journaling from the Crate Paper Notes & Things Memo Paper.  These small strips of journaling have been layered on several other photo pocket cards/photos throughout the entire spread, to create a unified feel to an otherwise random idea.
 
 
This week my 11 year old also had to dress up for a school parade.  His class was given the letters 'O' & 'P' and requested that they find book characters starting with these initials.  Using an app on my iPhone ( A Beautiful Mess), I was able to add text to the photo before printing it out.  The words 'Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust' was a commonly said phrase by my Peter Pan that day.  (Along with grabbing his youngest brother and demanding that he "never grows up".  When he gets into character, he gets into character!!!)
 
 
............................................................

 
On page two, I wanted to celebrate my boys' semi final win, which saw them advance to the finals of their hockey season.
 
 
The journaling card was used to share their story.  It also includes the name of the stadium/fields they played at and the dates for Week 35.
 
 
These particular 3x4 PL filler cards below, were added to my spread not only as their colours worked well overall, but because the sentiments also had meaning for our week.  Again, I am subconsciously attributing them to the sports theme in a non obvious manner.  Our team was not expected to win this game, but their determination overcame any obstacles they had.
 
 
Finally, my title pocket has been created using layers of the muted tones, pulled from the brighter colours on my pages.  I have deliberately chosen a softer palette to allow the eye to rest.
 
 
 
Think out of the box to subconsciously link products such as stickers or sentiments to help reiterate stories on your page.  The Teresa Collins Nine & Co patterned papers and the Crate Paper Notes & Things stickers don't necessarily suggest sport, but I have used certain aspects of the collection to my advantage.  Thanks for visiting...x
 
 
Nine and Co Cards Paper 12x12
 
Notes and Things Memo Paper 12x12
 
Notes and Things Reminder Paper 12x12
 
 
Chevy Carrot Paper
 
Notes and Things Journalling Cards
 
Maggie Holmes Thickers Glitter Foam Daiquiri Gold
 
Notes and Things Journalling and Title Accent Stickers
 
Nine and Co Decorative Stickers 6x12
 
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. As always, fabulously put together, totally inspiring & wonderful use of elements that come from all sorts of collections!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful spread Leanne - I love your pages!!!! Love the papers and cards that you used for this one too!

    ReplyDelete

09 10