Monday 2 March 2015

Project Life | Week Four...

Hi Sassy Friends! It's Leanne here today with another Project Life Monday and I am sharing my PL2015 Week Four | January 26 - February 1.
 
 
 
For my spread this week, I've continued to use the Dear Lizzy Serendipity with touches of Amy Tangerine Stitched collections.
 
 
I love the beautiful colour combinations in these collections. And I certainly don't mind using pink ombre hues in pockets next to my boys! This week I have used the patterned papers to my advantage.  I have very few photos, surprising really, considering it was the first week back at school for the new year. But I did want to journal more about the emotions I was experiencing, with not only my youngest starting school, but my daughter becoming a senior in High School, my eldest son starting his High School journey and my middle son moving up into the middle school at Primary. It really was a gargantuan start to a school year and quite frankly, I needed more journaling than photos this week! My process for this spread was to date and document and use the patterned papers to draw attention to my stories.
 


 
(Project Life Filler Card tutorial found here.)
 
 
My type writer was used sparingly.  I found I had too many words and could be more descriptive using the space allocated via my computer. I simply opened up a word document and adjusted the margins to the centimetre size I wanted my journaling to be printed out at. After I filled the space with my text, I inserted a rectangular frame around the outside. The frame borders were then altered to show as dots rather than a fine line. 
 
 
On page two, I've combined several photos into one image.
 
 
But the hero pieces on this spread are the pockets with journaling. For my weekly review, I once again used the computer but highlighted in bold, the day and date text. Each journaling section was printed directly onto white cardstock.
 
 
As it was the first week back at school for 2015, I have included a fun photo tradition. Each year I take an individual photo of my kids in their school uniforms. This year was significant (and expensive!!) as we needed three new sets of uniforms!
 
The clear stickers from the Amy Tangerine Stitched collection were ideal to highlight this photo without covering any details.
 
 
To complete my spread for the week, I have added an extra touch of pink to the second page. The Dear Lizzy ephemera pack flag and wood veneer banner add a little extra detail without overwhelming the overall feel of the spread.
 
 
Thanks for visiting here today. I hope I have inspired or at least encouraged you, to let your words speak more than your photos at times. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below...x
 
Sassy Supplies:
 
Amy Tangerine Stitched Felted 12x12 Paper
 
Amy Tangerine Stitched Interlock 12x12 Paper
 
Dear Lizzy Serendipity Hello Honey Paper 12x12
 
Dear Lizzy Serendipity Odds and Ends Paper 12x12
 
Dear Lizzy Serendipity Hello Beautiful  Paper 12x12
 
Dear Lizzy Serendipity Ephemera Pieces with Rose Gold
 
Dear Lizzy Serendipity Watercolour Words
 
Amy Tan Stitched Accent and Phrase Stickers
 
Prima Fairy Belle Alphabet Stickers
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Love everything, colours, composition, elements. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

09 10