Friday 19 June 2015

Splash! Crate Poolside

Hello Sassy Friends!

I've rolled my sleeves up while playing with more Crate Poolside goodness. The 'neat' side of me can struggle with this kind of play, as I look at something and then try to decide if it's 'right' or not. I keep telling myself there is no 'right' or 'wrong'. It's all part of the process and if you are happy with the outcome, that's all that matters. After all, we are creating for our own enjoyment!


The image of my DS being completely dunked by a massive wall of water played a huge part in the textures in this page. I wanted the background to echo the water and the splashing. A generous slather of gesso, in a downward motion, set the scene, with some watermark stamping to follow.

Watermark stamping has been covered with Glossy Accents to give a large water droplet effect.
 The cluster (shown below) was created with a base layer of embossed cardstock, which has been ripped. (My dear friends Kim Price and Fiona Paltridge would be so proud to hear that it wasn't cut, lol!)

I then added some torn Poolside 'Admit One' paper. I love the groovy vibe of the swimmer print. 
I've added a photostrip frame Poolside cardstock frames and added a kind've tear-off guest pass strip underneath.


The cross chipboard stickers have been distressed with some white acrylic paint. I have also used these stickers under the gesso base, tracing around them lightly with a pencil, then filling this area with masking fluid. Once dry, I applied the gesso with an old loyalty card. When the gesso was dry, I pulled the masking fluid off to reveal the pink paper below.

 The same chipboard crosses were used to trace a cross shape over the top of the gesso. I then filled that shape with embossing fluid (applied with a fine paint brush) This area was covered with gold glitter embossing powder and heat set. I also dabbled with some watercolour paints to add to the watery theme, but the paper didn't like the wet media too much.

Wishing you all a fantastic weekend!
Chantalle


If you like this page, you can create your own with these elements from the Sassy store!

Poolside Admit One  Paper 12x12 Poolside Flip Flops Paper 12x12 Poolside Die-Cut Cardstock Frames 15/Pkg W/Gold Glitter AccentsPoolside Pool Time Paper 12x12 Poolside Chipboard Stickers 12"X12" W/Gold AccentsCraft Market Phrase StickersHero Arts Ombre Ink Pad - Pool to NavyColour Shine Spritz Mint Green 2ozKaisercraft Texture Stains Clear StampOpen Book Floral Embossing FolderZing Gold Glitter Embossing Powder 1ozClaudine Hellmuth White GESSO

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10