Monday 24 August 2015

Project Life | Week 24...

Hello Everyone! I'm so pleased to be bringing you another instalment of PL2015 this Monday! Today I get to share my spread from Week 24, using the gorgeous new October Afternoon | Summertime Collection and a little bit of Crate Paper | Wonder.
 
 
This week simply involved family time, sporting adventures, crazy hair and star gazing. Just your everyday, typical stuff! *grin* And that is precisely the beauty of playing along with Project Life.  You can create pages that are very menial in their everyday agenda, but still record these memories to be treasured because they are what they are.
 
One perfect example is the top left pocket on my first page.  It is a photo of a photo. But this particular photo is my youngest son's very first school portrait!  I love his forced grin and not so tidy hair! These school photos were taken back in March but it was during this week, the school kids got to bring them home. Nothing out of the ordinary, but a "first" was documented.
 

I love also that these uplifting colours from the October Afternoon collection can be the base for simple journaling. This sticker phrase from Crate Paper Wonder, was all I need to create this filler card.
 


 
The everyday ordinary is also recorded this week with a quick iPhone snap of the weather outside my car window. And all it took for me to remember which day it was, was to look up the date it was taken. Just another dreary Monday!  Team it up with this awesome little 3x4 card from Crate Paper | Wonder and my story comes into focus even more.
 
 
This week's title pocket card was put together using the reverse side of a Coco Vanilla Studio | Made of Awesome paper (from Week 23) and a cut apart from October Afternoon | Summertime Blue Skies. October Afternoon alphas were the perfect colour choice to record the week. A little bit of stitching and strategically placed ephemera helped to complete the card.
 
 
Journaling this week was mostly jot points, but where there was a story to share, I designated a singular pocket to it. To create interest, I layered a shaped journaling card onto a 3x4 piece of cardstock and trimmed the excess.  To bring colour to the pocket, I simply flicked a few splashes of Heidi Swapp Colorshine on top of the card, and stamped a phrase using HeroArts ombre ink.
 
 
On my second page, I documented something I shared on Facebook.
 
 
This trivia was something that would clearly interest my eldest son and when looking to the skies, it actually became an obvious feature to see! Unfortunately I couldn't get a good night time shot myself, so I took a screen shot of the information and the labelled planets.
 

 
The sticker globe felt like it was the appropriate embellishment to layer in the white space of the photo. A universal icon of planet Earth aligned with the other celestial bodies!
 
 
To finish off the spread, I added a touch of colour, using the peach sticker choices to serve as a visual triangle to the simple top right filler card on page one. Linking these pockets up, really helps bounce the eye across the page!
 

 
Happy Project Lifing this week! Don't forget to document the everyday ordinary as you go about your day to day routine..x
 
Sassy Supplies:
 
Summertime Blue Skies Paper 12x12 Summertime Heat Wave Paper 12x12 Summertime Puffy Clouds Paper 12x12
Summertime Date Stickers Wonder Accent Stickers 12x12 Wonder Dream Paper 12x12
Becky Higgins Roller Date Stamp Hero Arts Ombre Ink Pad - Butter to Orange Wonder Ephemera Pack 59 pieces
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this so beautiful PL layout ! So great inspiration !!

    ReplyDelete

09 10