Tuesday 7 March 2017

In Bloom layout with Kylie

Hello everyone! Can you believe we are March already? I blinked and February went whoosh!
Today I am sharing with you all a layout I have completed using the 'In Bloom' collection by My Minds Eye.You can check it out in the Sassy Store here.
I love all the florals and hints of gold with this collection.So pretty! Here is a little look at my layout-

I really loved matching the bold stripes with polka dots.It had a very 'Parisian' feel to it.
I decided to break up the background paper by creating a seperated strip both at the top and bottom.By trimming a little bit of excess off the main piece top and bottom prior to distressing and attaching in place, helps the contrasting piece of paper underneath stand out.Like so-




These are the two papers I have used as background.'Le Fleur' and 'Flora'....See? They even sound Frenchy-





Next, I set about fussy cutting some blooms from this paper, 'Romantic Blossoms'....Ooh La La....LOVE!- 




Call me crazy but I love fussy cutting.It can give you so much more option for your projects.
When it came to putting my layout together I used a gold foil heart from my stash as a background.I then began layering all those fussy cut blooms and leaves to opposite corners.I found once I was putting them in place ,I wanted to then add a hint of colour to break it up a little.A few coloured blooms from the die cuts and sticker sheets helped here.










I used some foam tape squares to really lift and add dimension to some of the flowers.




This gold foiled tag was super cute and fitted in perfectly!

To finish off I also added a few gold hearts from the chipboard stickers.




From side on I loved the height and texture the layout had.




Hope you enjoyed seeing my first project for March! 
Until next time,
Kylie 





No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10