Thursday 18 May 2017

Spread Your Wings Art Journal Page by Farrel Tailor

Happy Thursday Sassy Scrapper Fans!!! 
It's almost the weekend and I thought I would share with you all a quick mixed media art journal page I created featuring the ever so amazing Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks.



There is a process video at the end of the blog so make sure you check it out and all the products used have been linked back to the store.

So lets get started!
The art journal I am using is the Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions Creative Journal Kraft 8x5. I love this size as it's not too small that you can't fit anything on the pages but at the same time it's not too big that you are struggling to fill the page. 

The first step I did was to use some quick release die paper I had laying around in my stash for my base background and I covered it with white gesso as I wanted a light background.



Once it was dry, I then added colour to my background using the Dina Wakley scribble sticks and blended them with a wet paint brush till I was happy with the result. 



I set that aside and stamped on white paper using Darkroom Door stamp set - Hummingbirds and coloured in the 3 birds using the scribble sticks


Next I cut the birds out and adhered them to my page using Prima Art Basics 3D Gloss Gel. I then used one of the sentiment stamps from the Hummingbirds Darkroom Door stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black.


So I wanted to try a few different techniques with the scribble sticks. I decided to see how well they would go mixed with gel medium. I had to wet the tip of the sticks to get the maximum pigment out and was really happy with the result. I used Tim Holtz Diamonds stencil with the paste I created.


The next technique was splattering, so I drew a little amount onto my non stick craft mat and with a wet paint brush, mixed it around and splattered onto my layout.....again I was super happy with the outcome.


The last step was to doodle around the edges using the scribble sticks and I have to say, this is where they are at their best!!!! Because they are hard with the fine tip, it makes them super easy to draw with.



Process video for this art journal is below.


Thank you for dropping by and hopefully I have inspired you to create.
Farrel xx
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10