Thursday 31 August 2017

Ocean Goddess Art Journal Page by Farrel Tailor

Happy Thursday Sassy Fans!!! Today I am sharing an art journal page I created using Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical Shakers and Dylusions Paints. I have a video at the end of the blog if you would like to see it in action.



When I started my page, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do but after using the magical shakers for my background I decided to do an under water theme..... I'm not much of an artist when it comes to drawing and this was my first time drawing a mermaid (will definitely need to to practice some more lol) she isn't perfect but I wanted to show some different techniques when using the shakers.

So to build the background I used Polka Purple, Guten Tag Teal, Lederhosen Laurel and Bavarian Blue. I sprinkled randomly onto my page and spritz with water. I did use a heat gun to dry but if you have the time, let it air dry as the results are amazing.



I then drew my mermaid onto some watercolour paper and used the above magical shakers plus Bratwust Brown and Oom Pah Pah Pink to colour in my mermaid and adhered her to my page. 


I then decided that I wanted to do a bit more to the background so using a wet paint brush I played a little more with the shakers until I was happy.


Next I used Dylusions Paint Dirty Martini and Fresh Lime to paint some seaweed and used a paint pen to draw some weeds. Then I mixed a small amount of water to White Linen to splatter onto the background.



To finish off the page I added some sparkle using a glitter glue - you can use Ranger Diamond Stickles and just like that my page was finished.


Thanks for dropping by and I hope I have inspired you to create something special!!!
Farrel xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10