Tuesday 17 April 2018

Pocket Pages | Pinkfresh Studio A Case of The Blah's | Agnus Kasprzak

Hi again :) I have been using the catch up plan from my previous post to continue working on our 2018 album and am happy to have another lot of January pages complete! I am using a mix of Pinkfresh Studio's A Case of the Blah's paired with some fun items from The Mix No.2 range and really like how these collections worked with all of my everyday photos.


Using a coordinating collection definitely helps your pages to flow but so does repetition! I added round elements to both my photos and cards to help lead the eye across each page. Printing my photos in batches has really helped me to speed up the process this month. 


My plan was to limit my printed journaling to simple journal strips, but some rules are worth breaking and I'm happy that I spent a little bit of extra time to create a printed background for a fun filler card. I printed the text onto some left over packaging from a sticker pack, and layered a sheet of transparency with a die-cut and one of the puffy stickers for a bit of dimension. 



Not all photos have a specific story attached to them, and that is where filler cards come into play and things can't get much easier than a fun mix of stickers and die-cuts with a little bit of hand stitched detail. 


The second part of the page should have been easier to create, however even the best made plans can falter when procrastination creeps in and I ended up spending quite a bit of time shuffling photos and cards around until I was happy with the final placement.. recognising the areas where you are spending too much time will help you to speed up the process the next time you are creating, so I am going to treat this as a learning moment instead of a time waster. 


My catch up plan relies on simplifying my process in order to get more pockets filled and using large die-cut saying makes the task of creating filler cards quick and easy, and the cute puffy star stickers were perfect for adding little pops of colour. 


Layered stickers are a fun way to add interest to simple journaling, and a single puffy sticker of censored characters was all that was needed to express how I felt when I broke one of my vases back in January ;) 


Products from the store... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10